[jdt-ui-dev] New builder error in JDT?

Not sure how new this is, but I never noticed this in Eclipse 1.0, and only
just saw it with the 4/12 Integration Build.
Our plugin allows a project structure where files (specifically files
contained in the META-INF directory (ie, non-java files)) can overlap by
having them in separate source folders. We "manage" the overlap with our
submit (jar-like) operation which will package up the files from the
correct source folder. This is a significant feature for our plugin and is
currently used by WSDD developers. The problem is that in the current
Eclipse builds, I now get the following error for all the overlapping
files:

"This resource is a duplicate and was not copied to the output folder"

This is placing red error markers on these files, while in our context,
these are not errors at all. I'm at a loss as to how to cope with this
change. I don't see any way of surpressing or filtering this error for our
customers. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this?

   Stef

Back to the top