[jdt-ui-dev] Window rooted on method element

If I select F4 inside a method name I get a Heirarchy Perspective in a new
Window (because of my preference).  That windows Title is methodName().

My question is should a Hierarchy Perspective really have its input be as
fine-grained as MethedElements?  I think the F4 action should root the new
window on a Type, since its job is to show a Type Hierarchy.

This can be confusing with fields, since they might have the same name as
an existing Class, only lowercase.  And sometimes the fieldname is not the
same as the Class name that it looks like.

Back to the top