Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Experimental Feature: Compress package names in Packages view

Why is it that you're willing to make this change (which is a good
idea), but from all I've heard, setting up a folder-type view isn't even
considered?  Esp.  When a folder-type view has been asked for so many
times.

Friday, December 21, 2001, 8:30:13 AM, you wrote:

> The most significant information of a package name is on its right side
> and hence it is often not visible in the Packages view. We are therefore investigating how the usage of horizontal space could be
> improved in the Packages view and have released an experimental feature
> which allows to compress the package names in the Packages view: all parts
> except the most significant one are replaced by the first letter plus a
> '*', e.g.: org.eclipse.jdt.ui --> o*.e*.j*.ui

> The feature can be activated once you have the current code (HEAD) in your
> Java UI plug-in by checking
Workspace ->> Preferences -> Java -> Work In Progress -> Compress package

--
Marco Qualizza

   1. The total sum of human intellect is a Universal Constant.
   2. The Earth's population keeps on increasing.

IE-Engine Canada Inc.
234-2426x226

Back to the top