Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Packages view requests

Re 1:
let us know how the viewer filter action works. The API additions to enable
this are minimal,
since a subset of the PackageExplorerPart's API is already surfaced (see
IPackagesViewPart).

Re 2:
as you see from the published plan on eclipse.org this is currently not a
committed item, but we would like to make this happen. The
mechanism to do so is mostly in place.

--erich

                    Stef_van_Dijk@oti.
                    com                       To:     jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    jdt-ui-dev-admin@e        Subject:     [jdt-ui-dev] Packages view requests
                    clipse.org

                    13.12.2001 20:27
                    Please respond to
                    jdt-ui-dev

Here are a couple of requests for the Packages view. We currently use a
custom viewer and would like to abandon it in favor the Packages view, but
need a little extra functionality.

1. Will any support for more advanced filtering of the packages view appear
in 2.0? Specifically, we want a filter that will only show bundle projects.
This is something that is logically determined. We do not have a bundle
nature to flag this.

I have already received a suggestion to add a ViewFilter I've defined as a
contribution to the View menu (as opposed to integrating something that
would be accessed from the Filters... action already on the View menu). I
will look to do this, but it was noted that this would require that jdt-ui
minimally expose the PackageExplorerPart as API. In fact, it goes beyond
that as I really need access to the PackageViewer in order to add the
filter, and getViewer() is not an accessible method.

2. Will we be able to get markers (error, warning and info) shown for
non-java files in the packages view? Note, currently our markers are not a
subtype of JavaProblem, though we could change that if necessary.

   Stef