AW: AW: [jdt-ui-dev] changed SEF refactoring

Hi Dirk
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: jdt-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jdt-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx]Im Auftrag von Dirk_Baeumer@xxxxxxx
Gesendet: Freitag, 7. Dezember 2001 18:27
An: jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: AW: [jdt-ui-dev] changed SEF refactoring

 < Hi Jens,

I looked at your code and the changes are done the right way. As already suggested in my last mail,
I would try to convert postfix and prefix operation into corresponding methods. >

I have done this already
the remaining changes I have to do are:
changing the UI (adding labels and textfields for inc/dec) and implementing an if clause to see whether I need the inc/dec methods

 < I think it makes the
transformation easier since you don't have to introduce temporary variables. >

yes, I think so, too

 < Another issue Adam
brought up is: do we have to treat compound assignments (e.g field+= 10) in a special way. May be
you can spend some thoughts on that one too.  >

no, I think we could just use setField(getField() + 10)
but we should keep mind that Pre(Post)fixExpression is a subclass of CompoundStatement
but we will have a problem with assignments within assignments but that's the same with
"normal" assignments

 < I also added a SEF Test suite to our test cases. So as soon as we make our test cases available you
have a starting point to add your own test cases.  >

sounds great
 I am a great fan of JUnit (great work, Erich!)  and I am looking forward to use the test suite

 < Do you still have the problems with debugging. If so, what JDK are you using as a target VM ?  >

I use JDK1.3.1 on Windows and yes, it doesn't stop at breakpoints and the hitcount
 seems to be broken (it's always 0)

 < I am looking forward seeing some more contributions
 Dirk  >
 greets
  Jens

Back to the top