Re: [jdt-ui-dev] Export\Import Operations

Ilya,

sorry for the late answer - I was serving my time in the Swiss Military.

There are three different thing in that area:

1) The extension points org.eclipse.ui.exportWizards and org.eclipse.ui.importWizards allow you to plug-in your own import and/or export actions which will appear in the import and/or export wizards.

2) The platform provides basic import and export operations (File -> Export -> File System/Zip file)
        Questions and request for those should be posted to the platform mailing list(s)

3) JDT UI provides a JAR Packager (File -> Export -> JAR file)
        If this is what you're using, you're in the right list. Do you have problems with this one? What do you mean with:
>The current tool does not understand all the semantics of the non java
>recourses in java project

        The JAR Packager is not extensible yet. There are plans to expose API for it. What would be of interest for you? Any suggestions are welcome.

Dani

"Rozenberg, Ilya" <IRozenberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/29/01 05:13 PM
Please respond to jdt-ui-dev

The current tool does not understand all the semantics of the non java
recourses in java project.

Ilya Rozenberg