Re: [jdt-ui-dev] How to contribute ... ?

Hi Boris,

you are following the righ path by asking the developer's mailing list.
There are different ways to contribute.

*    Use the JDT UI and give us feedback by submitting bugs and filing
feature request in Bugzilla.

*    When you find a problem that you consider bad then investigate in it,
learn our code and
     eventually find a solution. Send the proposal to this list and if the
list agrees that this
     should be addressed then submit a patch.
     People on the list look at the patch and give you feedback until the
patch is good for
     a releasing into our code

*    If you have successfully done this multiple times you can be nominated
as a committer, etc.

Another starting point is the "Development Resources" page. Keep in mind
the site just went live
today so there is definitly information missing. Don't hesitate to let us
know what you miss.

--erich

                    Boris Pruessmann
                    <boris@pruessmann.        To:     <jdt-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                    org>                      cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     [jdt-ui-dev] How to contribute ... ?
                    jdt-ui-dev-admin@e
                    clipse.org

                    11/08/2001 09:26
                    AM

Having read the information on eclipse.org, I realized
that I didn't find any specific "instructions" on how to
contribute. Therefor the question: what shall I do if I
want to help bringing the eclipse project forward.
(And I didn't only mean comments but coding :))

Greetings,
Boris