Re: [jdt-dev] RFC - Withdrawing compiler support for older versions of Java levels
  • From: "Sankaran, Srikanth" <srikanth.sankaran@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 08:28:22 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=advantest.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=advantest.com; dkim=pass header.d=advantest.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=ZLhdRjYPH6ezoXOxqASdglD9sevZ/mwoEw3UA9DeOZw=; b=DNEB6fGTkS8KlIiHdGPqYG8LjtO9hSRjQBVcrGvYpjjtigIv173/ZHhrKoE78ZdXVNryDT+mT5XBYAWMWaCvWXRcw42jeN5Z85xQcamZFp3Wbfbh7bYPr+owVtSegcOaYwJfMFaET6XnQeNWyarArZWRXlhY2GRTeyD94KrY1i7rWWRBJpOa1/Jx/IvF+FioNmhSWQUlqHJpGIa5C3p81ooKi49LojdWcVUpY17NPrVE/IYMUWuQceXvG6F8wC8LLUJfqZX0Z98Qycg5fHkfloRc5VApEAXRVzMMMgCsZBamvTnc4454qM7Mf9UG5nAd007tcq/CB3FuLwksbsWb0g==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=BbyEYrW/jHy8xhNAQZelymfajQDs3mw6Q5+8hmEb5rbAhxcECTlZGUSpTAtdphN94iigldMcKrvYp8V8OzXMaq4q6fPuzv7jUbLpMHtB2B47G9KYuPJkzVWOPQp64f16gnqW4wpk1lfwzrOi9rAaFIeocz94nMF1/Oj4b3wglf1WGJjYP/LXKuayQsN0xiVNGkmWBS4uPA12NohlbRTG2c9sJak21rhVeA+17qBbGaaQDGYr30STJB8Vvs6QkOx/2b/NIT36mFKG+B9ZlRbmd5qU4slWluz/3IOdSjrzWJvAqH5tQIWKk8M8TnLQ8e3ciTmwxmBHycyM7LbFwzDvhw==

For (3) below, I specifically mentioned running tests locally. I think it is still a good practice to at least occasionally do that.

For the rest of the points, everything comes with a cost – the question is what is the right trade off.

See my point about stack map generation and exception handling in the other group.

Srikanth