Re: [jdt-dev] RFC - Withdrawing compiler support for older versions of Java levels

If you are running JRE 17, why are you limiting the source code to Java 1.1?
What value does compiling to an older version of Java provide? In fact I have found multiple SAST/DAST tools which flag the code as a problem if compiled to EOL versions of Java. And like you stated earlier, there has been and likely will continue to be very minimal breaking changes in the language.
So what is the upside? Besides, demonstrating running a Java version of PacMan written in Swing 0.1

Tim