Re: [jdt-dev] [eclipse-dev] RFC - Withdrawing compiler support for older versions of Java levels

+1 for dropping support.

In general I encourage you to become more pragmatic at what you can (and should) support. Anyone using this old outputlikely don't need any of the new features anyway so they can stick on an old ECJ (and Eclipse) version. If they want more recent JDT with the older ECJ they could (in theory) hire a committer to join the efforts of RedHat and potentially work on an "old ECJ plug-in".

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/