Re: [jdt-dev] Recent changes in JDT Core regarding line numbers for annotated constructors?

Problem solved. It turned out to be a subtle merge issue in class
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.

Thanks to everyone who read and replied to this thread. :-)

--
Alexander Kriegisch
https://scrum-master.de

Alexander Kriegisch via jdt-dev schrieb am 20.03.2024 19:21 (GMT +01:00):

> Hi Stephan.
>
> Sorry, I cannot answer that question, because there are so many layers
> of AspectJ stuff on top of whatever the parser and compiler are doing. I
> have no idea where to start looking or how to pinpoint this, because it
> is ia a part of the code base I have never looked at before. Maybe it
> has something to do with the changes for
>
>   JEP 447: Statements before super(...) (Preview)
>   https://openjdk.org/jeps/447
>
> and it must be adjusted in some AspectJ classes too, even though I have
> no Java 22 tests yet which use that new feature. All I know, before the
> JDT Core refresh it worked, now it does not, reporting just the source
> file name but not the source line.
>

> Stephan Herrmann via jdt-dev schrieb am 20.03.2024 19:08 (GMT +01:00):
>
>> On 20.03.24 18:47, Alexander Kriegisch via jdt-dev wrote:
>>> Has recently, maybe in the beta-22 branch or another change for 3.37.0,
>>> anything changed that would block or change the way in which I can get a
>>> line number for an annotated constructor for a compiler message?
>>
>> Which API are you using?

Back to the top