[jdt-dev] Strategy for JDT core issues without sufficient info?

Hi all,

TL;DR:
What is our strategy for JDT core issues without sufficient info?

I'm going over JDT core issues and I'm encountering some (not just a few) which don't have sufficient infos to work on the problem. The issue reporter has been asked to provide infos, but has not done so.

When e.g. there is some thrown exception and a stack trace is attached, a maintainer can attempt to create a reproducer. Failing this, they'll ask the reporter for a reproducer.

In some issues not even the above is the case, the description is simply not enough to do anything about the ticket.

From what I see, such issues are just left open in the tracker. With limited resources this is understandable. But ideally such issues would be marked with some tag (e.g. "need info"), so they can be filtered and looked into last (as they would cost the most time to work on). Or such issues can be outright closed when there is no further infos from the reporter, despite requesting infos and not getting any in a reasonable amount of time (e.g. 2 weeks or so).

Best regards and thanks,
Simeon

Back to the top