[jdt-dev] Jikespg syntax description used in ...compiler.batch/grammar/java.g

Hi there from the AspectJ team.

We are having a little problem with the Java language grammar we adjusted for native AspectJ syntax extensions. I am unexperienced in building lexers and parsers and only partly understand the syntax of the grammar file. In order to tackle the issue at hand, I would like to learn how to read a Jikespg grammar, but cannot find any resource describing it. Is the syntax borrowed from any other tool in the lexer and parser generator realm? Lex, Yacc, ANTLR, you name it. I adjusted a few things in the AspectJ grammar in the past after merging in upstream changes from JDT Core, but I did not change anything substantial there. I really wish to understand better what I am doing there. Therefore, I would be glad to receive any helpful replies. Even small hints will be welcome.

Thank you in advance and kind regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch
https://scrum-master.de