Re: [jdt-dev] Telling GitHub to rebuild, rebase, ...

On Thu, 2022-09-08 at 16:04 +0200, Christoph Läubrich wrote:
> EclipseMost of this has nothing to do with Github in general so there
> is
> no "canonical place" for everything but maybe this still helps:
>
>  > rebuild a PR unchanged
>
> 1) Jenkins Build: You need to log into the Jenkins instance with your
> Eclipse account for the Jenkins build and then you can restart the
> job
> if you are a commiter of the project

Another option is to use https://plugins.jenkins.io/ghprb/ . JDT-LS
uses it so it should be a plugin available to other JIROs as well. Once
configured, it should be possible to just comment "test this please" or
"re-test this please" on some PR to get the build to happen again.
However, this means you're spamming the PR with useless comments.

A manual PR rebuild (through Jenkins) always fails for us (not
configured correctly?) but the above plugin is good enough.

> But you can also compare between force-pushed commits:
>
> https://github.blog/changelog/2018-11-15-force-push-timeline-event/

Forced pushes annoyed me as well until I discovered you could click the
text and see the difference between them. Only downside is if the
change is rebased in addition to a forced push, then you'll see the
rebased changes also, but I think it may have been the same on Gerrit ?

Cheers,
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top