Re: [jdt-dev] eclipse.jdt.git moved to gitHub.com

------ Original Message ------
From: "Jinbo Wang via jdt-dev" <jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Eclipse JDT general developers list." <jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Jinbo Wang" <jinbwan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 25/03/2022 08:14:34
Subject: Re: [jdt-dev] eclipse.jdt.git moved to gitHub.com

Hi Manoj, thanks for the migration work.

A stupid question, why was it moved to eclipse-jdt instead of eclipse org (https://github.com/eclipse)?

Hi Jinbo,

there _are_ stupid questions, but this is not one of them ;-)

There are 459 repositories on the github.com/eclipse organisation. Furthermore, we have greater control over the organisation (for example, I believe we can create repos without involvement of the eclipse webmaster). I don't remember all the details, but for Eclipse Che, we were much happier after moving our projects from  github.com/eclipse to github.com/eclipse-che.
/Thomas

Back to the top