[jdt-dev] how to create new junit test

Hi all

I'm doing some work inside org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledTextRenderer to improve the cache hit ratio for the "layouts" field, and I wanted to write test cases for my work.

I didn't see an existing test class so I copied org.eclipse.swt.tests.junit.Test_org_eclipse_swt_custom_StyledText.java and created  org.eclipse.swt.tests.junit.Test_org_eclipse_swt_custom_StyledTextRenderer.java

To my surprise though, at the top of the test class when I import org.eclipse.swt.custom.StyledTextRenderer, some Eclipse rule seems to kick in and immediately delete my import statement.

What is the correct place and way to write JUnit tests for this class?

Thanks
Ari

Back to the top