Re: [jdt-dev] Disabling a IJavaCompletionProposalComputer as default

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 3:40 AM Gayan Perera <gayanper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Any updates on this? I see that some proposal computers such as chain completions are by default not included. How to achieve this?

Hey Gayan,

I think the properties you care about are
PreferenceConstants.CODEASSIST_EXCLUDED_CATEGORIES and
PreferenceConstants.CODEASSIST_CATEGORY_ORDER .

Their values are set in PreferenceConstants.initializeDefaultValues(..) .

When a completion proposal computer's ID is present in
CODEASSIST_EXCLUDED_CATEGORIES, it disables proposals
from being computed on the first completion invocation. When the
ID is present in CODEASSIST_CATEGORY_ORDER with a
'cyclestate' greater than 65535, then it will also be disabled from
appearing in its own "group" on subsequent invocations of content
assist (eg. hitting ctrl+space multiple times).

The above still won't work if a user has overridden the default
settings and a new completion proposal is being introduced so
we addressed this in http://eclip.se/550226 with the ability to
disable these newly introduced completions as well.

Hope this helps.

Roland Grunberg

Back to the top