[jdt-dev] [notable compiler change] type vs. package conflict

Hi

just to let you know that ecj now accepts a situation that previously was flagged as an error, one specific occurrence of:
   "type X collides with a package"

We now check if a given directory actually contains any .class or .java files (recursively). A conflict can only occur if a package is declared by a compilation unit, which is now partially checked. We do not read .java files to check if they are empty. (Some other bug which I don't recall right now actually does this). I hope this solution is "good enough".

Previously, this bug prevented projects, that store non-java resources in a directory of the same name as a class, from using ecj.

Details are in https://bugs.eclipse.org/377850

best,
Stephan

Back to the top