[jdt-dev] Search Engine slowness how can i improve ?

Hi,
I'm trying to do search using jdt Search engine to find methods that has a specific return types and public fields that has a specific type. Code is hereĀ https://github.com/gayanper/gap-eclipse-jdt/blob/master/gap.eclipse.jdt.core/src/main/java/org/gap/eclipse/jdt/types/StaticMemberFinder.java

The problem is when i run this code it takes nearly 10 seconds to provide me the results. But if i do the same search from the Java Search Page the results will be presented in a time which is less than 5 seconds. All this times are wall clock times. The search scope is also workspace including all libs, jre etc.

Am i doing something wrong? Is their any space i can improve further?

Thanks

Back to the top