Re: [jdt-dev] Generalize JUnit view?

Hi all,

So far, it didn't become the priority of anyone to implement it. If you're ready to do it Christian that'd be great.
With the rise of IDE-agnostic protocol like LSP, we can expect soon that there will be some common ways for all language to report test results (I favor option https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode-debugadapter-node/issues/154 since Test results are just one typical form of output when running/debugging an app, but some people would prefer something more complex), so we'll soon need to be able to report test execution for this common protocol as well, and having a view ready to reuse would be great.
I believe building a generic "TestReport" model and having a generic TestReportView providing an "updateTestReport(TestReport newReport)" would be enough. Various test framework integration would have to listen to event to map framework data into TestReport and then invoke updateTestReport.

Back to the top