[jdt-dev] Why doesn't JDT set .project "projects"?

Hi all,

While I'm investigating about how to maybe improve the WorkspaceJob in general, I've noticed that despite the Eclipse Resource model allows to use .project to define dependency between projects, JDT seems to not set the "projects" nodes in the .project.
I understand it does it in its own .classpath, but I think it's a pity to not try to place such typical project dependency model on the lowest layer that supports it. Note that the same project could be listed as a project reference in .project as well as .classpath, those don't have to be exclusive. Having in on the .project as well would allow further optimizations of the Build Workspace job, independently of JDT, but that would still be profitable to JDT.
I imagine their are reasons why this is not done. Does anyone know what these could be?

Thanks in advance for your enlightenment ;)
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE developer, at Red Hat Developers community

Back to the top