Re: [jdt-dev] Is completion cycling a good usability pattern?

Am Mittwoch, 08. April 2015 12:34 CEST, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:

> So my suggestion would be that, by default, all providers take part of a
> unique completion proposal, and that cycling gets disabled. Of course,
> we should and can easily keep the ability to configure cycling, but just
> not use it as default.

I don't especially mind since it's easy enough to disable/uncheck all providers in the preferences page.

That way, people can balance their needs to see everything at once (with less speed) or cycle.

Having a most clever proposal system which displays what we most likely want to see would be superb but I don't think we're there, yet. As far as I understand, Code Recommenders (http://eclipse.org/recommenders/) only works reliably (at all?) with Java.

http://blog.pdark.de/

Back to the top