[jdt-dev] BETA_JAVA9 branches

I've created BETA_JAVA9 branches in the eclipse.jdt.ui and
eclipse.jdt.debug repos.
The eclipse.jdt.core repo had been branched earlier.

rt.equinox.framework has not been branched yet, but
https://bugs.eclipse.org/463688 has added the
org.eclipse.osgi/JavaSE-1.9.profile to master.

To avoid hassles and overhead when switching between branches, it's best
to create a separate workspace for BETA_JAVA9 work and just keep the
BETA_JAVA9 checked out in that workspace.

Normal rules apply to the BETA_JAVA9 branches. I.e. we generally need a
bug number for all commits, and the branch should be left in a working
condition and with green tests.

Since development in master continues, we occasionally have to merge
master into the BETA_JAVA9 branch.
I've done that for jdt.core to fix compile errors in jdt.ui.

Markus

Back to the top