Re: [jdt-dev] Gerrit builds failing

I changed the build configuration to use Java 8, and it works better.
Not sure it's enough though, there are still tests failures whose cause is still to find.

In general, I believe it's a pity that those job was broken for so long with no-one worrying about it (including me).
Having continuous integration only shows some value if there is a general motivation to keep the balls green. If they become red and are not fixed immediatly, we loose the value of the builds until they get fixed + fixing the build/test/code/whatever cause the failure becomes much more difficult and time consuming.

Also, I would suggest that even people who are committer on the project use Gerrit, and leverage this pre-merge validation. It will help to detect issues early. in there context so we could fix them more easily.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top