[jdt-dev] Bugzilla targets / Git branches after BETA_JAVA8 period is over

Bugzilla Target Milestone
=========================
The beta period is over, so the BETA_J8 Target Milestone should not be
used any more for new bugs nor for bugs that get marked as FIXED now.
We're in 4.4 M7 now, so that's what FIXED bugs should get.

JDT UI policy for bug triage: New bugs should get 4.4 if they are major or
easy to fix; otherwise leave them at ---. We don't mass-move all existing
open BETA_J8 bugs at this time.

Git Branches
============
All work should just go to the master branch now. Remove any JCP
disclaimers before you release an old patch, and change "@since 3.9
BETA_JAVA8" to "@since 3.10".

The BETA_JAVA8, BETA_JAVA8_LUNA, and R4_3_maintenance_Java8 branches
should not be touched any more.

BETA_JAVA8 stays as a branch endpoint to identify commits from the beta
phase.
BETA_JAVA8_LUNA will eventually be removed, since it's just part of master
now.
R4_3_maintenance_Java8 will stay dormant until we get (funded) requests to
backport fixes from master.

Markus

Back to the top