Re: [jdt-dev] Getting Started - Change JUnit Plugin

Hi Thane

The first step is to file an enhancement request or bug report against JDT
UI where you describe what you plan to do. It doesn't make sense to start
the work before you discussed it with the JDT team and agreed on a proposed
solution. We can also give more details about how to setup things in that
bug.

Dani

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Thane Anthem <thaneanthem@xxxxxxxxx>                                                                                                              |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |01.11.2010 22:40                                                                                                                                  |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [jdt-dev] Getting Started - Change JUnit Plugin                                                                                               |

[Oops!  I somehow sent that message without finishing typing it.]

In a nutshell, instead of guessing where to start and how to begin, could
someone please push me in the right direction on getting started with
getting the code for the JUnit plugin, and being able to compile and run
the tests for it?

Thank you,

-Thane

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Thane Anthem <thaneanthem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I want to make a change to the JUnit plugin of eclipse.  This is my first
  time working with eclipse plugin development, and I'm not sure where to
  begin.

  In CVS, I see where the org.eclipse.jdt.junit modules are, and I can
  create individual eclipse projects from the various modules (e.g.
  org.eclipse.jdt.junit.runtime), but I'm having difficulty resolving all
  of the inter-module dependencies.