[jdt-dev] Java EE's and headless builds

Hi,
I have a workspace with a lot of bundles. Some require J2SE 1.4 and others require J2SE 1.5. The workspace compiles fine in my IDE because there I can say that the installed JRE (1.5.0_18) is a match for the J2SE 1.4.

My problem starts when I want to run the build headlessly on build.eclipse.org. Hudson starts a Java 1.5 and boots eclipse with an empty workspace. I can of course create a workspace template and use that but the problem is that I don't know how to create this template unless I can start an IDE on the exact machine where the build will be performed. I don't want to run an IDE through a slow tunneled X connection over the Atlantic to do this :-)

Luckily, I have full access to the headless builder (Buckminster) so it's easy for me to add commands that would install a JDK and set the correct environment preferences from the command line. But I'm not clear what it is that I need to set. Some pointers or other help with that would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top