[jdt-dev] GSoC: working for Eclipse JDT

Hello JDT-Dev Team,

I'm interested in working for Google Summer of Code for the Eclipse JDT Team.  I've been using Eclipse for my software construction class, and one of the great things I love about Eclipse is how "smart" it is -- suggesting how to fix small bugs, () completion, etc.

I'm wondering if I could do more on that --- automatic addition of semicolons, more visual organizations of layered parentheses, etc.
In order for me to put in an application, I need a mentor.  If my ideas are feasible, I'm wondering if any of you would be willing to mentor me.
If I get selected, I will work full time remotely for the summer

About me:  I am a sophomore studying CS and Biology at MIT.  I know Java and Python.  This summer will be my first summer doing a computer science internship.  I can't say that I am a brilliant programmer, I'm only a beginner who is very curious to learn more and contribute.  That's why I really hope to get involved in the Eclipse JDT because it's so practical.

So please reply to this email if you are interested in mentoring me.
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
HaoQi

Back to the top