Re: [jdt-dev] Project meta data is out of date for eclipse.jdt

All subprojects of the Eclipse project are governed by the meta data of the toplevel Eclipse project.
So essentially, we would have to duplicate the same information for each. Given there is no easy way to do so, without going through all forms and filling them separately. This is really painful.
Like duplicating all the history of the various releases is just painfull. I wish there was simply a link to release descriptions in xml form, which I could refer to from multiple pages.

emo@xxxxxxxxxxx (portal on behalf of emo)
Sent by: jdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/05/2008 06:00 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse JDT general developers list." <jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[jdt-dev] Project meta data is out of date for eclipse.jdt

Philippe,
Projects are required to keep meta data up to date using the MyFoundation
Portal (http://portal.eclipse.org/).  The following problems were found
with this project's meta-data:

* There is no next/future release of this project. All Eclipse projects
must have a "next release" planned and scheduled.
* Project home page does not have an "About This Project" or "Information
about <project>" item at the top of the left menu. Projects are required to
provide that standard link on their home page (see
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/standard-link-on-home-page.php).