[jdt-dev] Commit rights for Kai-Uwe Maetzel have been expired

eclipse.jdt Committers,
Philippe Mulet has expired the commit rights for Kai-Uwe Maetzel
(kmaetzel).  The reason for this change is:

----- Forwarded by Philippe P Mulet/France/IBM on 06/25/2008 11:49 AM -----
Kai-Uwe Maetzel/Beaverton/IBM@IBMUS
06/24/2008 06:20 PM
	Philippe P Mulet/France/IBM@IBMFR@IBMDE
	cc

	Subject
	Re: JDT commit rights

I am ok with being garbage collected. The list of inactive committers is
long. Especially in the eclipse platform project the commit rights are
'interesting' since they have been given along with component
restructurings. If I remember correctly the platform UI project used to one
of the largest kitchen sinks for commit rights.

Over the years we have long discussions what to do with inactive
committers. Apache never revokes commit rights. I however think it makes
sense to transfer committers into the state of 'former committer' which
does not grant commit rights to that person. This state however should be
different from 'not a committer' as there should be a faster way of
regaining commit rights if interested. Also I think eclipse projects should
keep a publicly accessible history for former committers.

Cheers, Kai

Philippe P Mulet/France/IBM@IBMFR
06/24/2008 08:40 AM
	Kai-Uwe Maetzel/Beaverton/IBM
	cc

	Subject
	JDT commit rights

Hi Kai,

It appears your are still a committer on Eclipse/JDT though you haven't
been active in a long time.
Are you still interested in retaining these commit rights ? If so, let me
know.
Along with commit rights, we expect people to remain in touch with the
project, and participate in committer votes for instance.

We have so many inactive committers, that we had to start a GC process to
recover...

- Philippe

To honor Kai-Uwe Maetzel's contributions to the project, Philippe Mulet has
nominated Kai-Uwe Maetzel for Committer Emeritus status.

Back to the top