[jdt-dev] Enabling multi-threaded build?

Please excuse me if this topic has already been discussed or should be
posted elsewhere. I am new to this list.

The company I work for ships a large software product based on Eclipse
3.2. We use Eclipse functionality to build our development artifacts.
Some of our artifacts are fairly complex, and the build time for large
projects can become significant.

With multi-core processors becoming commonplace our customers are
starting to ask why the build process only utilizes a single
processor/core.

Does Eclipse/JDT have any plans or functionality to enable a build
process to exploit multiple execution threads?

Thanks for any pointers,
Dan

Back to the top