[jdt-dev] How to capture refactoring action in Eclipse?

Hi, Eclipsers,

I am interested in developing a plugin to capture
refactoring actions in Eclipse. I searched through
email archives and tried the following approaches:

1. Looked for refactoring listener of JDT but
apparently JDT doesn't have it.
2. Tried to listen to menu selection event in Eclipse
  A message in JDT archive mentioned Eclipse doesn't
have the mechanism to listen to random menu selection
and I did not find it either.
3. Used setGlobalActionHandler() to redefine
refactoring action but the original refactoring action
will be blocked out and it only works to drop-down
menu in the workbench not to popup menu.

Finally I checked out Eclipse source code and realized
that the ideal solution is to add action listeners to
Eclipse JDT. I want to ask two questions here:
1. Is my resolution correct or not? Is there better
way to accomplish this in Eclipse?
2. Could I contribute this to Eclipse JDT so that
future users of my plugin don't have to install the
customized JDT plugin?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Hongbing