[jdt-dev] Definition and purpose of IPackageFragmentRoot IPackageFragment

Hello!
Can somebody tell me the exact definition of IPackageFragmentRoot and IPackageFragment? As far as I know an IPackageFragment can be a package with classes or a package containing sub-packages. Why it is called IPackageFragment and not IPackage? Another question: why IPackageFragmentRoot doesn't contain a method like getPackageFragment()? What is the dependence between IPackageFragmentRoot and IPackageFragment?
I hope I asked not to many questions at once ;-)
Thank you in advance and please excuse my bad english ;-)

Back to the top