RE: [jdt-dev] Eclipse path

There is a newsgroup called eclipse.tools.jdt that is designed for these kinds of questions. See http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups for details. To better help others in the future, you might want to let the person know who gave you this mailing list address about the newsgroups. The mailing lists were created for developers of Eclipse and the newsgroups for users of Eclipse.

To answer your question, if you select Run > Debug..., and select the launch configuration for your program (it should be under Java Application), then select the Arguments tab, you can control where your working directory is when the program is running. From your description, you probably want to uncheck the option for Use default working directory, and check the option for Workspace and browse to the right directory.

The full path to the file should have worked though; perhaps there was a typo in your path (for example you might have forgotten to escape backslashes or something). Eclipse could not affect whether or not that worked.

--Ed

Back to the top