[jdt-dev] Security Exceptions in Eclipse

Hello all,

I've been using Eclipse for about a month now, and I've found it extremely useful. Unfortunately, I've run into a problem, and I am unaware of any fixes or workarounds.

My application is very GUI-intensive. I have to accept a drop in one component. The logic from there calls Runtime.exec. This threw an AccessControlException with the following message:
access denied (java.io.FilePermission <<ALL FILES>> execute)

The argument to the security policy is: -Djava.security=d:\test\lib\client.policy

When I run the same code outside of eclipse, it works fine and doesn't throw an error. When I create a new project in eclipse with the function that performs the work, the function calls Runtime.exec without any problems.

What should I be looking for and what steps should I take next? Any ideas will be appreciated.

thanks for any help in advance,
Geoff

A free email account your friends will never forget!
Get YOURNAME@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  at http://www.emailaccount.com/

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag

Back to the top