[jdt-dev] Items for Testing

A list with items to test.

(See attached file: 2.0_F1_TestPass.html)(see below for a text version)

Dani

Things To Test - Test Pass 2.0/F1
Last updated May 22, 2002

Setup:

    * Build F1
    * JUnit 3.7

Testing New Features
Single-Click Behavior

    * verify that single-click (if enabled) works in all the views

Filters

    * verify that each built-in filter is understood and does the expected
filtering
    * verify that performance on a big workspace is ok even with all
filters enabled
    * verify that the pattern filter works as expected
    * verify that state is preserved over workbench sessions

    * Test Search page customization
          * correctly persisted
          * works in combination with global Search menu
    * Test file search
    * Test text search in combination with different encoding

Java Working Sets

    * setup and test a J working set with an external JAR
    * setup and test a J working set with default package
    * verify string, mnemonics and icon

Ant

    * test usability of new ANT integration (external tools)

Build Path

    * verify that the build path is updated correctly when adding and
removing things. I remember a news message speaking about problems with
variables (i.e. not being removed from .classpath file)

J Editor

    * verify that quick fix icons go away if error is gone
    * verify that quick fix icons don't hide error ticks
    * test the Java editor with different encoding
    * use the different line terminator convertors and verify that the
result is correct (e.g. with UltraEdit)

To Be Tested In Code/Repo

    * Test each component with NLS Search page (I filed a PR that we have
90 non-NLSed strings)
    * Investigate which extension-point doc isn't up to date
    * Find files with mixed line terminators and fix them

Leak Scenarios

    * repeat a Text search which gives a lot of matches and then remove all
searches
      Note: The memory will not go down (VM keeps it). The instances have
to be examined
    * do the same with Java search and NLS search
    * for each view, editor and dialog: open it, close it and test for
leaks (especially check listener instances)
    * rebuild a workspace several times with an eye on the memory and
instances
    * we should watch the pollution of the temp directory. Eclipse is the
only app which adds a *lot* of files and directories to it
    * perform huge refactorings (type rename, move of CU) and watch memory
and instances
Title: Things To Test - Test Pass 2.0/F1

Back to the top