[jdt-debug-dev] [Variables view] How to Auto-activate custom filters

Hi,

I was just recently playing around with the Variables view for a custom debugger implementation of mine. There I added custom filters for certain variable types. Activating/deactivating filters works fine from the view menu.

What I am missing is a way to register these filters automatically when the view is activated. Currently my variables are not filtered by default. The user has to manually enable these filters. The settings are also not persisted, so it has to be done everytime eclipse is launched.
My current implementation uses a ViewFilter:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/ease/org.eclipse.ease.core.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.ease.lang.javascript.rhino.debugger/src/org/eclipse/ease/lang/javascript/rhino/debugger/actions/ViewFilterAction.java
The derived filter:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/ease/org.eclipse.ease.core.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.ease.lang.javascript.rhino.debugger/src/org/eclipse/ease/lang/javascript/rhino/debugger/actions/ModuleFilterAction.java

Is there some default implementation I could use?

thanks
Christian

Back to the top