Re: [jdt-debug-dev] Rhino debugging in Eclipse IDE for JavaScript Web Developers

Hi Barent,

It reads like you are are starting the debugger using the Rhino console (see http://wiki.eclipse.org/JSDT/Debug/Rhino#Rhino_Debug_Console) because I can see the Rhino input prompt in your pasted output. To debug a server -which is what it sounds like you want to do - you have to embed the debugger / transport bits and create an instance of the debugger in code (see http://wiki.eclipse.org/JSDT/Debug/Rhino#Embedding_the_Rhino_Debugger for more information on doing so).

Michael Rennie

Inactive hide details for Barent ---01/16/2012 04:21:40 AM---Hello Mr. Rennie,  Recently I posted a problem concerning the RhinBarent ---01/16/2012 04:21:40 AM---Hello Mr. Rennie, Recently I posted a problem concerning the Rhino Debugger.

From: Barent <barent.brouwers@xxxxxxxxx>
To: jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 01/16/2012 04:21 AM
Subject: [jdt-debug-dev] Rhino debugging in Eclipse IDE for _javascript_ Web Developers
Sent by: jdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Mr. Rennie,

Recently I posted a problem concerning the Rhino Debugger.

I was glad someone, you, gave a reply.
But it's still not solved.

When I start the debugger I can see this :

Rhino debugger
Start at time: 10 januari 2012 9:35:57 CET
Listening to socket onport: 8080
Started suspended - waiting for client resume...
Rhino 1.7 release 3 2011 05 09
js>

Then, from the Eclipse IDE for _javascript_ Web Developers.

Version: Indigo Service Release 1

I try to connect to the debugger.

My website is running in Mozilla Firefox on localhost:8080

Is this the correct way of using Rhino debugging ?

greetings,

Barent Brouwers

The Netherlands