[jdt-debug-dev] Automatically suspending/initiating stepping for new threads ?

Hi all,

I'm writing a custom debugger (extension of JDT) to automate
stepping in/out based on some rules. Implementing my own
IDebugEventSetListener I do get the chance to
programatically invoke step commands (e.g. via
IStepIntoHandler).

However, this only works if there is at least one breakpoint
set prior to launch, as this will suspend the thread and
fire a DebugEvent. From this event on, I can handle further
DebugEvents via stepIn, stepOut as required.

How could I achieve the same without the need to manually
set any breakpoints ? This is in particular important for
new Threads launched from the main thread: how can I get
these to fire DebugEvents upon execution of the first line
of code ?

Any pointers would be very helpful, reverse-engineering JDT
is very time consuming ;-)

Cheers,
Diego

Back to the top