Re: [jdt-debug-dev] Feature Idea

This sounds like an interesting idea Scott.

You should open an enhancement request in bugzilla under platform debug.

Michael Rennie

Inactive hide details for Scott Hyndman ---2010/08/23 04:50:08 PM---Hi Eclipse debugger devs, I came up with an idea that I thiScott Hyndman ---2010/08/23 04:50:08 PM---Hi Eclipse debugger devs, I came up with an idea that I think would be useful in identifying certain

From: Scott Hyndman <scotty.hyndman@xxxxxxxxx>
To: jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 2010/08/23 04:50 PM
Subject: [jdt-debug-dev] Feature Idea
Sent by: jdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Eclipse debugger devs,

I came up with an idea that I think would be useful in identifying certain bugs, so I thought I'd tell you about it (hoping that this is an ok place to post).

Imagine that when you hit a breakpoint, the previously executed statements were highlighted.  My thinking was that by being able to see the path taken prior to the breakpoint, you may be able to identify patterns/differences between presses of "continue".

This highlighting might be displayed to the user by using a colour that decays based on the distance from the current statement. Loops I'm not sure how to deal with, but if you think this idea has some value, we can talk it through.

jdt-debug-dev mailing list
jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx