[jdt-debug-dev] Extending the Java Debugger

Hi

We're currently working on extending Java debugging tools for an Eclipse
based development product.
Applications built with our product will invariably be run through our
Session class, thus, when the application starts, we have full control
over the environment set-up.

What we'd like to offer our customers are some extensions to the
Debugging perspective, a different view for stepping and the like. We
would like to be able to enable these views through our session. We know
we can detect that we're being run with the Debug launch type. However,
we could not find any documentation on how to extend the built-in
Eclipse debugger to pass stepping control to our bundles. We need to be
able to do, what the step-filters do, but with various extensions like
tracing and jumping over frames only if certain conditions are met.

Is what we want possible and could you provide us with some pointers on
how to do it?

Regards,
Tim

Back to the top