[jdt-debug-dev] Debug Plugin Runtime Classpath

Hi there,

I'm new to this mailing list and I hope this is the right place to post
my question.

Currently I'm working on an extension to the eclispe debugger. The main
idea is to exploit the existing Exception Breakpoint. I downloaded the
corresponding debugger plugin source code, deployed it as a plugin and
added my code (hooking into the ExceptionBreakpoint). As long as I
didn't call any "external" classes (not within the same eclipse
project), everything worked out perfectly. Today I tried to add some
calls to classes in a differnt eclipse project, basically some Java
reflection calls trying to resolve classes just executing in the
Debugger (defined in Java project i.e. not defined as a plugin).
e.g. Class.forName(exceptionThrowLocationType)

To make the plugin compile I added the external classfolder to the
plugin project's classpath. BUT during runtime a ClassNotFoundException
is signaled. I tried to add the same classfolder to the plugin's launch
config resulting in the same ClassNotFoundException. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Nikolas

Back to the top