Från: jdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx genom Darin Wright
Skickat: ti 2006-10-10 15:53
Till: Eclipse JDT Debug developers list.
Ämne: Re: [jdt-debug-dev] Questions regarding Eclipse and debuggingthreads on an ME target

Stefan,

You should probably check out "http://www.eclipseme.org/";. I am not aware of any problems debugging ME targets. Usually, if there are problems, the ME community files bugs against us.

The Java debugger source code can be found in the following plug-ins/projects: org.eclipse.jdt.debug and org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui. The source is in CVS.

Darin Wright

"Burstrom, Stefan" <Stefan.Burstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/06/2006 01:30 PM
Please respond to
"Eclipse JDT Debug developers list." <jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[jdt-debug-dev] Questions regarding Eclipse and debugging threads        on an ME target

Hello!
I am trying to debug a java program running on a custom ME target (based on the Sun KVM RI)
However, when I run the program it appears that eclipse gets out of sync with the KVM regardint which
threads that are alive and which that are not.

I have done som debugging on my KVM side and I can see that a JDWP_EventKind_THREAD_END is
beeing generated and sent. I can also see that the KDP debug proxy is forwarding some kind of event
as soon as I step past the outStream_sendCommand call in the KVM (the call that sends the constructed
event). However, when I press the suspend button in Eclipse, eclips still lists this thread. Of course the
name isn't listed since the KVM complains when Eclipse tries to query the name. The same thing
seems to happen when threads start. Sometimes Eclipse wont list newly created threads when I press
suspend.

Has anyone seen anything like this? If I were to debug this in Eclipse, where would I start? I couldn't really
get a 'getting started' guide on how to work on eclipse plugins. Eg. how do I get the sources for the
3.2.1 release? Through CVS or are they available as tar balls too? The archives I could find didn't include
the .project etc. files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

regards,
Stefan Burstrom