Re: [jdt-debug-dev] Question regarding JDIDebugTarget constructor.

Hello,

This (internal) API existed as such since a launch can have more than one process. Thus, we cannot infer which process in the launch to associate with the debug target.

However, it is true that a process has only one launch, so you can pass in process.getLaunch() as the launch object.

Darin Wright

"Giuliano Mega" <giuliano.mega@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/08/2006 09:36 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse JDT Debug developers list."

"Eclipse JDT Debug developers list." <jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[jdt-debug-dev] Question regarding JDIDebugTarget constructor.

Hi!

While going through
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.core.model.JDIDebugTarget code, I
realized that its constructor requires you to pass both the launch and
the process as parameters:

public JDIDebugTarget(ILaunch launch, VirtualMachine jvm, String name,
boolean supportTerminate, boolean supportDisconnect, IProcess process,
boolean resume)

Why do I have to pass both? Would there be any issues if I used
process.getLaunch() instead?

Thanks in advance,

--
Giuliano Mega <giuliano@xxxxxxxxxx>