[jdt-debug-dev] JDT Debug implementation question...

Hi,

I develop a special Virtual machine and I have a question about the implementation of the “Watch evaluation process”

I want to know why the implementation is based on Reflexion. When I try to “watch” a static Field, I saw that the jdt-debug try to get the Java.lang.Class of the remote VM, create a String in it, and invoke the method forName() of this class etc…

I don’t understand why jdt-debug does not use the ReferenceType – getValues JDWP command that allow to get the value of one or more static fields of a Reference Type.

I would like to knows why jdt-debug dev team choose this implementation to perform “watch evaluation”.

Thanks in advance and thanks for your great tool…

Best regards,

Hugo Greneche

H.Greneche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top