Darin

Samuel Cheung <SCheung@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-debug-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/23/2002 06:05 PM
Please respond to jdt-debug-dev

        To:        "'jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: [jdt-debug-dev] HotSwap question

So is it possible to modify a class file (e.g. adding instrumental code and
create a new class file), and hot-swap this class file in the debugger?

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Darin Wright [mailto:Darin_Wright@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 5:43 PM
To: jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, HotSwap is triggered off resource deltas. From the delta for a ".class"
file, we find the corresponding ".java" file, and then use local history to
determine fine grained changes in a compilation unit. This allows to only
pop affected methods from the stack, rather than all methods in changed
types.

Darin

"Jim des Rivieres" <Jim_des_Rivieres@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-debug-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx