Darin

Jared Burns <jared-eclipse@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-debug-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/15/2002 04:38 PM
Please respond to jdt-debug-dev

        To:        jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        [jdt-debug-dev] Vector optimization

As a simple optimization, I'd like to search the debug plugins for references
to the no-parameter constructor of Vector (Vector()) and, whereever sensible
replace it with a call to the constructor with a size (Vector(someInt)).

Jed and I were looking through the code recently and found quite a few cases
where we know what the length of a Vector will be but we initialize it to
empty anyway. This results in unneccessary array creation/copying under the
hood.

I'll hold off on doing this until tomorrow in case there are any objections.

- Jared