Re: [jdt-debug-dev] Debugging multiple processes?

John,

No, the debugger will not automatically attach to the other programs.

You could register hacked up launches to the DebugPlugin that simply
wrapper your other processes.

Classes you want to investingate:
DebugPlugin
ILaunchManager
Launch
ILauncher

jkca

                    John_Arthorne@xxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                     To:     jdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    jdt-debug-dev-admin@e        cc:
                    clipse.org                   Subject:     [jdt-debug-dev] Debugging multiple processes?

                    12/12/2001 11:21 AM
                    Please respond to
                    jdt-debug-dev

I have a java program (not a plugin) that launches several other VM
instances using the java process mechanism: Runtime.getRuntime().exec().
If I launch my program from Eclipse in debug mode, the debugger doesn't
automatically connect to the forked VMs.  Is there any way to get this to
happen?  This is just used for running test cases, so any hacked approach
would be acceptable... it doesn't have to be pretty.  Any suggestions on an
approach I can take for this would be appreciated!