[jdt-core-dev] file validation for compilation units

Hello,

I’ve run into a problem submitting compilation tasks using compilation units that do not store classes on the filesystem. Everything works fine, except for some validation on lines 141 and 142 of EclipseCompilerImpl where the code checks to make sure that the each compilation unit corresponds to a valid file on the file system. Beyond this validation, it doesn’t seem like the file is actually used. The contents of the compilation unit are fetched using the JavaFileObject.getCharContent method.

Can we remove this validation or add some configuration to bypass it?

I’m willing submit a patch but I would like some guidance on how this should be handled.

Thanks,

Max

Back to the top