Re: [jdt-core-dev] Why/how did suite ReconcilerTests ever pass?

On 03.05.2018 15:29, Jayaprakash Arthanareeswaran wrote:
Right now, I am staring at the same test when I found it failing (I had the older code on my machine) and spent some time figuring out without much success for my work on Bug 509985.
Of course, running just that test passes. I am continuing to investigate this.

You saw that I have a fix under test (in bug 534091)?
The big question is only, what changed to make it fail only recently?

Jay

From: Stephan Herrmann <stephan.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Eclipse JDT Core developers list <jdt-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/03/2018 06:21 PM
Subject: [jdt-core-dev] Why/how did suite ReconcilerTests ever pass?
Sent by: jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Team,

while trying to understand
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bugs.eclipse.org_534091&d=DwICAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=LuMqcl3PU0i2olgTvkVvFthzqyc_3wGfGooplpAvFsc&m=H3Q6xD-aETXJNVKz1aLS7SHpdeXXnD3sJvoBs5TT9Hc&s=qF3BExHCp_YKpTVPRHAb4h3LW1zW_vxO1J5ye0S8SvA&e=- [9] ReconcilerTests.testConvertPrimitiveTypeArrayTypeArgument fails as part of the suite
I'm at loss as to why this started to fail only recently.

On my machine I'm not able to find a previous version of JDT
where the test passes, neither on Java 9 nor 1.8.
Checking out M6 from git, running everything in a 4.7.2 workspace,
nothing lets me see the test pass anymore.

Hence my question: does this test suite pass locally for any of you
when you enable testConvertPrimitiveTypeArrayTypeArgument()
(was recently disabled to allow for successful gerrit builds)?

If it passes, was testChangeSourceLevel2() executed *before*
the test in question?

On gerrit the last success in this suite (before disabling
the test) was:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ci.eclipse.org_jdt_job_eclipse.jdt.core-2DGerrit_798_&d=DwICAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=LuMqcl3PU0i2olgTvkVvFthzqyc_3wGfGooplpAvFsc&m=H3Q6xD-aETXJNVKz1aLS7SHpdeXXnD3sJvoBs5TT9Hc&s=BSzQLf5TFHMZLL0pb5GLu8STaIBeUbd3BFRMddXyhUc&e=
 From April 23rd.

cheers,
Stephan